Only three weeks remain for young social technopreneurs from around the world to submit applications to the ITU Telecom World 2013 Young Innovators’ Competition and win up to USD 10,000 in seed funding. The deadline is 30 June 2013.
The third edition of the annual Young Innovators’ Competition seeks innovative ICT-based solutions to six Global Challenges. It is open to any young person between the ages of 18 and 26 with an original concept or start-up with the potential to impact the world and improve people’s lives through the use of connected technologies (ICTs).
Submissions must address one of the following Global Challenges:
- Improve employment opportunities for young people and migrant workers
- Reduce food and water wastage at individual and retail levels
- Facilitate access to public services for the elderly
- Improve natural disaster prediction and response
- Improve road safety for both drivers and pedestrians
- Protect sensitive personal data and inspire the creation of local digital content
Ten winning finalists will be selected to attend ITU Telecom World 2013 in Bangkok, 19-22 November 2013. ITU Telecom World 2013 is the leading platform for debate, networking, innovation showcasing and knowledge-exchange for the global ICT community. Young Innovators’ Competition finalists will take part in workshops, pitching sessions, mentoring and networking, in addition to receiving up to USD 10,000 prize money to further develop their project. Competition details are here.